To toast one of our nation’s oldest volunteer service organizations, Holly Club of Joliet – and support its year-round efforts in Will County to find and fill gaps for those in need – please plan on joining us for our biggest fundraiser of the year:
The annual Holly Club Ball, a Joliet tradition since 1892.
This year’s theme is An Enchanted Christmas.
WHEN is this ball?
- Saturday evening, December 11, 2021
- cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at 6 p.m.
- dinner and dancing at 7 p.m.
WHERE will the ball be?
- in downtown Joliet, Illinois, at the Renaissance Center – a storied 1920s building designed by the legendary architect Daniel Burnham
- 214 N. Ottawa St., Joliet (where there will be valet parking)
WILL THE DINNER MUSIC BE LIVE?
- Of course!
- High Society Orchestra will be playing.
SOUNDS SO FANCY. IS THIS A BLACK-TIE GALA?
- Black tie is optional.
AND THERE’S A RAFFLE, TOO?
- Yes – for a 14-karat white gold fluttering heart Dancing Diamond Necklace, courtesy of Paolucci Diamond Center.
- The retail value of this necklace is $900.
HOW MUCH is a ticket to this ball?
- $175 per person
HOW can I purchase a ticket?
- You can write us a check or pay online, using the button below.
- To purchase a ticket by check, please make the check payable to Holly Club of Joliet with “Holly Club Ball” in the memo field. Please mail to Holly Club of Joliet, P.O. Box 3169, Joliet, IL 60434
- To purchase a ticket online, please use this button.
BY WHEN do I need to buy my tickets to the ball?
- November 29, 2021
WHOM do I contact if I have a question?
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If I can’t make this event, how can I support this fundraiser?
- You can mail us a check or send us a donation online. For details on both options, click the following button.
ARE YOU SURE that Holly Club of Joliet is one of the oldest volunteer organizations in the United States?
- Yes, we certainly are. Holly Club of Joliet – the oldest service organization in Joliet, Illinois – was founded in the same decade as the Red Cross and United Way, six years before Rotary Club, and more than a decade before Kiwanis International and Lions International.
Please see details of our founding – in 1889 – here.
1889? BUT DOESN’T IT SAY ABOVE THAT THE HOLLY CLUB BALL IS A JOLIET TRADITION SINCE 1892?
- It sure does. And both years are correct. Our organization was founded in 1889 by eight community-minded teenage girls. Three years later, their moms took the fundraising effort to the next level. Fun fact: For that first ball in 1892, our founders weren’t allowed to stay up until the very end.