Thank you for your interest in the Holly Club’s Nursing Scholarships: the Adrienne Barrett Nursing Scholarship and the Annette Medvesky Nursing and Volunteerism Scholarship.
Holly Club of Joliet was founded nearly 131 years ago by eight teenaged girls who had a heart for service and wanted to help the less fortunate within their own community. It is fitting, then, that today Holly Club awards scholarships every year to individuals who also demonstrate a heart for serving others. This year Holly Club plans to award up to three (3) $1,000 scholarships.
The Adrienne Barrett Scholarship was named for an early Holly Club member who had devoted her adult life to caring for the physical needs of others through her call to the nursing vocation. Adrienne Barrett, a past president, served Holly Club faithfully for many years. This scholarship places emphasis on adults returning to school for advancing their knowledge and improving life for their families.
The Annette Medvesky Nursing Scholarship was named for a Holly Club member who was a career nurse and who had also participated in several mission trips overseas to bring her skill and gentle grace to patients in need. Mrs. Medvesky served Holly Club faithfully, including as president in 2007, until her death. This scholarship will be awarded, based in part, on strong community service and volunteerism.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate nursing program, having successfully completed at least 12 hours of nursing credit
• Maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
• Be a Will County resident
• Demonstrate financial need
• Demonstrate full-time enrollment status of 12 or more credit hours per semester
• Submit the accompanying electronic application (click “Enable Editing” when it opens), resume, unofficial transcript, and letters of recommendation as detailed in the instructions at the end of the application. Please follow the directions at the end of the application for submission.
• If applying for the Annette Medvesky Scholarship, provide proof of recent community service via a recommendation from a supervisor at that organization.
Deadline for submission of all application materials is January 1st, 2021.
Holly Club’s Adrienne Barrett and Annette Mezvinsky Nursing Scholarship Committee:
Lora McGuire, Pat Pierson, and Sandra Martin Renner